- Update – Please note that our 2020 trip has now been postponed to 2021 as a consequence of the Corona Virus pandemic.
It won’t be long now before we have to close the enrolment for our 2020 Culture and Language Course to the Kvarner and Gorski Kotar regions of Croatia, focusing on Rijeka, the European Capital of Culture for 2020, in the year when Croatia also holds the Presidency of the European Union.
Regular students know that these trips offer a lot, in a short space of time, including:
- an amazing opportunity to make huge strides in learning the Croatian Language, whatever your existing level of proficiency, in a fun and relaxed environment, amongst like minded people with native speaking teachers experienced in teaching Croatian as a foreign language
- a unique chance to really get under the skin of a relatively undiscovered region with enormous contrasts, led by local guides who have been hand picked to reveal the secrets of our chosen destinations in a way no one else can
- thoroughly researched venues, itineraries and excursions so that your only worry is when and where to turn up
- plenty of time to relax and socialise with your travelling companions or to revitalise and enjoy your own company
- optional yoga
- Welcome drinks at the Croatian Language School base in the charming town of Lovran
- An insider’s tour of Rijeka, including spectacular views from nearby Trsat with its hilltop castle
- Visits to Lovran, Opatija, Mošćenica and Brseč including a visit to the sculptor Ljubo de Karina
- Exploring the Gorski Kotar Region and the Eyes of Vinodol including wine tasting at Konoba Pavlomir
- Visit to the village of Žejane in Ćićaria, on the Učka mountain The village is situated in a karst valley between two mountain ridges and has its own language and cultural tradition.
For more information: